Hazelnut Chaga Bliss Balls With Orange & CoconutRecipe
How do you pack in a ton of antioxidants, adaptogens, and phytonutrients into a chocolately orange ball of bliss? With chaga of course!
This is a super simple vegan, gluten, and dairy free recipe full of protein, healthy fats, omegas, and sophisticated flavours that you can totally impress your friends with (or eat them all yourself to gain extra mushroom superpowers!).
What You’ll Need
• Food processor
• Mixing Bowl and Spoon
• Fine cheese grater for shredding orange rind
• 4 servings (2 tsp) Wild Remedies Premium Chaga Extract
• 1 cup raw organic hazelnuts (almonds also work well here)
• 4 tbsp ground flax seeds
• 3 tbsp chia seeds
• 1 large organic navel orange
• 1/4 cup coconut milk
• 1.5 cup dessicated shredded coconut
• 2 tbsp raw organic cocoa powder
• 3 tbsp organic (palm oil free) smooth peanut butter
• natural sweetener to taste (I used date syrup but raw honey, stevia, and agave will work well)
Place your hazelnuts to a food processor and pulse until you get a fine meal that starts to stick together.
Add your hazelnut meal, cocoa powder, chaga, ground flax, and 1/2 cup shredded coconut and mix with a large spoon until combined.
Grate the outside of the whole orange into a small bowl, mix a bit of sweetener into the zest, and set aside for later.
Include the peanut butter, sweetener, juice of the orange, and start mixing to create the “dough”. Add small amounts of coconut milk while mixing until all the ingredients are combined and you get a sticky consistency.
Spoon approx. a tablespoon of the chocolately mixture into your hands and roll into a small ball. Place the ball in a bowl of the remaining shredded coconut and roll around until coated in snowy goodness.
Keep rolling and coating your bliss balls and place them on a plate (you should get around 12 balls), and top each ball with a bit of the sweetened orange zest.
Place the bliss balls in the fridge for an hour or so before serving to firm them up a bit and enjoy!